Thursday 16 January 2020

Dell: How to Collect Logs from Dell m1000e Chassis

If we need to collect logs from our Dell Chassis m1000e, we can do this job from ssh session also. For this I have to use "putty" to connect to my Dell m1000e chassis. You need to connect you laptop directly to Dell m1000e chassis in console port with network cable. For connectivity I need to set my laptop IP Address in same range as the IP Address of my Dell m1000e chassis. Now I have to setup "putty" for logs where to save. Please see the figure below;


By above settings, I am able my Dell m1000e logs into folder named "Logs", file name "log_17012020" in D drive.

Now when I will be connected with session, I have to take logs via  following commands;

racdump
To get dump, status and general iDRAC board information
dumplogs

getversion

getsysinfo

getdcinfo

getpbinfo

getsel

getraclog

No comments:

Post a Comment